“Be the change you wish to see in the world” – Mahatma Gandhi
McDonald Murholme has significant pro-bono involvement with community movements where legal services are required but not normally available. A recent example in 2020 is our involvement in the Save Yarram campaign where some 34 industrial wind turbines threatened the functionality and livelihood of the whole community at Gelliondale-Yarram. If you have a community project, especially in rural Victoria, please speak to Lily Passchier, Communications Assistant, about whether or not we can assist.
The McDonald Murholme approach is to show a strong and contemporary leadership style that encourages passionate engagement by our staff and a combined alliance with community organisations, our past and present clients, and other members of the legal profession.
McDonald Murholme utilises different approaches to create successful community engagement and to support those who need it most. Factors that work for us include:
- employees being provided with the correct training
- employees understanding the importance of mental and physical wellbeing
- sound communication amongst internal and external personnel
- participating in workplace and community events, and
- most of all, engaging with one another as a firm.